Monday, January 5, 2009

What Was I Thinking?!

So I had a serious case of mondays since last night. Last night, knowing I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning, I still stayed up late and went to sleep at 2:30 AM. So of course, I ran around at work like a robot. I didn't even take my lunch but I made a quick run to Duane Reade. It was around 3 PM so I was thinking it would be an in and out thing. Little did I know, there was a long line to Mount Vernon, okay not really to there but I exaggerated a little. So yes, there was a long line for me to get a pack of sunflower seeds for the birds, okay it was for me, and 24 pack of Poland Spring water. So I looked around to see if they would open up another register. And they didn't and finally there was a guy who came and stood in front of the register. I looked and asked if he was open and he said yes so I was right in front of his register in a hot second. I was thinking this is great it will be fast since the water was getting heavier. He was so slow and I was still okay with that because once upon a time way way back in the days, I was on the register although I didn't find myself that slow. Any who, so the receipt was for $7.88. I gave the man 20 dollars. I was expecting $10.12 back but guess what, it took him 5 minutes to give me back a 10, 2 single dollars and change. WTF, Dude!

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed