Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where Does It Leave Me?...

For the past week, I have been a good family member and friend more than the usual if not more. I realized where it gets me in the end...NOWHERE!

I was there for my cousin where I felt that all his friends were using him and then making fun of him behind his back. And I wasn't the only one who felt that way. His sister saw things that I saw and felt the same way. But I let it go on and let him know what was happening. Maybe he might not be aware of what was happening behind his back. Then he told me that he spoke to them about it. Then I saw more disturbing things have said about him after he had spoke to them about it. So I said nicely to the people who were involved that they should stop saying mean things. But then the reply from them was way more harsh than the situation at hand. So I spoke on it to my cousin and his reply was to just ignore them. So I felt that I was standing by him and thinking I was doing the right thing but when it comes down to it, he left me out cold. He sided with his friends who were talking behind his back. ::SMH::

So what I learned from all that was I can be there for people but that would be the last time I stick my neck out for people who don't want to be saved from anything. I am learning to just listen to them and let go...and not to make it my burden. As long as I am there to listen when they need to be heard or not, I think it would be enough. I guess it will be me being there for them without putting myself out there.

And for the happy thought for me...I am dedicating this hump day to T.I. for looking so scrumptious.